Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Screaming Penance

Here is an excerpt from my book, "Screaming Penance, A collection of Lyrics and Short Anecdotes."

This particular poem is called, "Repent, Woman, Repent," which I wrote in my early twenties. I particularly like this poem because it has a rhythmic feel while you read it. I like the idea of being able to comprehend and feel rhythmically a written work, so that your unconscious or autonomic self can experience it. You can learn more about the book on Amazon.com.


Repent, Women, Repent

In Some Multicolored Sunset

Where Your Eyes Meet The Moon
Heaven And Earth Collide.
And In Some Rising Rhythmic Tide
Around Your Golden Thighs

Up The Shore

Till God Says No More.


Repent, Woman, Repent
In The Light Of The Moon.




(Cover Art and Link below)


http://www.amazon.com/Screaming-Penance-Collection-Anecdotes-Menendez/dp/1434842797/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295449287&sr=8-2-spell

No comments:

Post a Comment